Sunday, August 19, 2012

Angolan vs. American Women's Retreat

We both (American and Angolan women) look forward to the event with excitment! We both plan on meeting God in a new way. We both spend the weekend together, bunking, eating, laughing and singing. I think, though, they enjoying singing more.

 This was my experience. I asked what I should bring, and they just said to bring my Bible and a notebook. I decided to bring some changes of clothes too though, and soap and toothpast. I only paid $20 for the weekend, for food and lodging.



                        Food                                                                                             Lodging

You will notice the right picture is a huge tent with lots of sleeping mats and cushions. A stark difference from the fancey hotel experiences I've had at ladies retreats in the U.S. But I really did enjoy myself except for the caffein headache that I experienced durring our manditory morning fast, ha.
The thing I enjoyed the most, and will enjoy even more, in the future, when I know some of the Umbundu worship songs, is that they sing for everything. We awoke at 5 am and I heard the women singing out in front of the church. Then we sing to enter the church, then we sing to worship in the church, then we sing to exit the church. Then we sing as we walk to the dining tent, they love to march and sing. And I liked it too.



No comments:

Post a Comment