Sunday, January 22, 2012

Watching My Husband

The rare opportunity opened for me to see John in action. While we were out on John's first Bush surgeries, in a province called Catala, the kids and I were free to come in and out of the operating room. The above picture was taken by our 6-year-old son, Oliver.
As I watched John change into his scrubs right in front of the nurse (male) and patient on the bed, there was a light-hearted feeling in the room, but as soon as he took his seat and the nurses scurried about to prepare for the surgery, he seemed so important and powerful sitting there doing what God created him to do.
There he is about to change a mans future by giving him sight. A heaviness came over me, not once have I heard John take credit for his abilities. He humbly depends on the Lord in hard times and praises Him for the good times. I think of all the conveniences he has given up in reguards to surgery and I'm so proud of him. He carries a great burden being one a very few ophthalmologists in Angola.
I realized that I've been taking my role as his help-meet too lightly. Instead, I thought I was put in his life to make sure his head didn't get too big. Today I realized how much God is using me as I serve my husband and family. As I keep the house in peaceful order and make nutritious and yummy meals. I can free some his worries by not having chaos in the home.
I'm praying today for strength to go on. For me and especially for John. I pray that John doesn't burn out. And that God bring Angolan doctors to us that want training in ophalmology.

On a happy note, my mom just got here and we are having a wonderful time with here, here are some pictures from yesterday.



From Angola With Love,
Lori

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures, great story and great blog, CONGRATULATIONS for all your work in here !!

    ReplyDelete