Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Day in the Life of Me

Many of you have been wondering what everyday life is like for us here in Angola. I will take you on a photo tour.
First things first, mosquito nets are a must. 

The boys room
Our room
 
Henry also helps with the mosquito problem. We are learning to love Henry.
Babies still take first steps in Africa.
The kids are going to a school right now. I was hoping it would help them get used to things and learn the language, but it's not so great. We are seriously considering good old fashion home schooling.
I'm hungry!
24 hours a day, we have a guard who also tends to our garden, and we share the fruits of his labor. The guards also teach us the local tribal language, Umbundo.

We live near a beautiful beach that we get to enjoy on some Saturdays.
Another Saturday trip exploring sea caves and boulders
I'm washing cloth diapers every day.

I'm learning how to wear Roman, African style. I still have some learning to do.

Another local friend

Babies still have first birthday celebrations in Africa.


And they get sleepy

Visiting friends in their home



Hungry again!


Sometimes John has non-patient visitors at work

makashishi- that is it's Umbundo name, John calls it the brain fruit, despite it's looks, it actually tastes good.

Produce Department

we have another "mosquito" problem here in Angola, this one is just as dangerous as the bugs, but doesn't cause malaria.

Another pic of the motorcycles. It get's much worse, but I didn't want to go seeking them out just for a good photo.

Thanks for coming on my tour. I'm trying to put some light content on the blog, so It doesn't get so heavy that I loose some of you. Please keep coming back, and keep praying! We love and miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment